Talking Graphing Calculator
The Orion TI-84 Plus Talking Graphing Calculator is a modified TI-84 Plus with a small attachment that adds accessibility and additional controls. APH partnered with Orbit Research® and Texas Instruments® to make this powerful calculator accessible.
Unique Graph Access
The attachment consists of a unit on top of the calculator, above the screen. It includes six function keys and five cursor keys, plus stereo speakers. Use the function keys to control preferences, volume, rate, pause, silence, repeat, and more. Use the cursor keys for screen reader control, such as previous and next line, next word, next character, read all, etc.
Explore graphs using either spoken announcements or innovative “sonograph” audio and haptic (vibrating) feedback. For audio feedback, moving along the graph from left to right shifts the tone from the left to the right stereo channel; raises and lowers the tone to follow graph coordinates; as the graph moves below the x-axis where the y-coordinates are negative, white noise is added to the tone. Haptic feedback is provided for negative y-coordinates, axes crossings, and tick marks.
• Graph functions and trace points made accessible with speech and audible tone.
• Listen to entire graph, including special sounds for negative regions and axis crossing points.
• Scroll the history of calculations and quickly recall and edit input/output.
• Choose how to view calculations on screen: as decimals or fractions.
• Matrix functions and calculations.
• Amazing list of scientific, statistical, and financial functions.
• Superb synthesized speech (FonixTalk™ from SpeechFX™) with choice of voices, speech rates, and pitch.
• Listen using stereo earphones or built-in stereo speakers.
• Full key help mode, which describes all keys, including 2nd and Alpha functions, without losing your work position.
• Temporary mute mode for teacher/student interaction.
• Use the screen reader to review the screen without losing your place.
• Full access to all menus, expressions, text, and symbols displayed on the screen.
• Expandable hardware accessories using USB port.
• Connect to your computer via USB cable to print or emboss graphs and other work (requires a printer or embosser and a PC).
• LCD display and keypad functionality are identical to the standard TI-84 Plus.